Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Taco tuesday



So I am super excited about my trip to Tucson AZ this weekend! They have two pizza joints that have Vegan gluten free pizzas. One serves it with Daiya cheese which I think is delish! The other uses a cheese by Follow Your Heart which I never had until tonight. So tonight I made cheese tacos using the cheddar flavor by Follow your Heart and a home made salsa. I used Food for life sprouted corn tortillas (non-GMO). Clark's carries cheese and tortillas :) To drink? Orange flavored Zevia (stevia sweetened soda). Yum!

Salsa recipe: Red cabbage, 2 chiles de-seeded from my garden, grape tomatoes halved, one avacado chopped, fresh garlic, oregano, red onion, juice from one lemon, choppped radishes, ground sea salt and pepper to taste.

I toasted sliced cheese on top of tortilla at 350 degrees in toaster oven for around 10 minutes.
My verdict is: I like both FYH is slightly less greasy and "cheese like" than Daiya more like tofu. FYH is soy based btw. I will be having two pizzas in AZ this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment