Sunday, January 1, 2012

Denver in December

Yes I know that I have to be the world's worst blogger! One of my new year's resolution is to blog more :) Fargo and I recently took a trip in early December (8-11th) to visit our old friend Isaac Overholt and my auntie Meme and godsister Yolanda. We stayed with Isaac and he put up with taking us out to eat at of course Vegan spots...lol The first place we visited was City o City. I ordered a Vegan GF pizza and was disapointed. The crust was gummy and the flavors were bland. I did have a very good beer though that was GF it is called Estrella Damm from Spain. Look it up its interesting bc it is made with barley but through some new process the gluten is extracted somehow?.... It was good! Next day we went to a place called Watercourse foods.
OMG so good. I had a salad and a plate of vegan cheese with a Kombucha to drink. That afternoon we went to the Denver mountains (the continental divide). I hate the cold so I walked or slid in my boots and then complained until we came back down to flatter land. I have to say that it was beautiful.
That evening we went to dinner at a place called Beau Jo's. I really enjoyed their GF vegan pizza. Unfortunately their marinara had cheese in it so I had to get salsa. After dinner we went out looking for dessert to take along on our carriage ride downtown. We went to a place called the Shoppe. I ordered two GF vegan cupcakes and was so grossed out. Yuck! Frosting tasted like plastic and cake like just plain crap. It gave me bad stomach cramps too! Can't figure out what did that to me?? I even emailed owner... Our last evening we went to a place called Hops and Pie with Yolanda and her little boy. The wait was long but so worth it! Best Pizza in Denver. 14 inch pizza and ate the whole thing. (pic came out dark sorry)
They also had a delish hard apple cider that was organic called Scrumpy. Best I have ever had! It is seasonal so it may be hard to find any other time of year :( Could not find it at Bev Mo here in Cali...Wonder if I will ever find it? Later that evening we went to a wine lounge/bar downtown denver called Row 14. Not too impressed there were some real snooty people in there that were looking at us like we did not belong, although the staff was very nice and gave me a lot of wine tastes until I found what I liked. A Sangiovese tickled my fancy! Enjoy the pics and I will blog soon on my New Year's trip to San Diego :)

No comments:

Post a Comment