Saturday, September 13, 2014

Slutty girl style fitness blog

Hello!!! Happy Saturday. I wanted to write a fitness blog to keep track of my fitness progress and goals. I am training for a Marathon this November 8th, 2014 in Santa Barbara. Last weekend I attended Bhakti Festival in Joshua Tree, CA. A 4 day yoga festival in the desert. It was hella hot but an amazing experience. I ate a lot of juicy melon to keep me hydrated. Here is a breakdown of the exercise I did over the week. Follow me on Strava: JoBerry Sweet  Let's not forget that I am a PT for kids and I run around after pre schoolers all day!

Sunday September 7th: Ran 13 miles pace 12:31 along Highway 62 in Yucca Valley early in the morning. First run with my new Altra Torin shoes. Zero drop. Love them so far!
Monday: Recovery day. Saw my dentist. Teeth looking great! Dodger game in evening at top deck. Gott vertigo and bored left early.
 Tuesday: Bike ride with the Luna Chix. Women running group that rides every tuesday evening. Broken into an A grp and B grp. A rides longer, more climbing and faster. I usually ride with B because I am weak haha but today we were a small grp so we just went together to ride up Chantry Flats. Most climbing I have ever done. Kicked my ass tbh. 15.3 miles total Elevation climb of 1421 ft. Yes I am weak haha
 Wednesday: Major heat wave hitting So Cal right now. Have to wait until night time to jog bc I am too lazy to wake up early. Pace 11:31 Cholos trying to holla at me....scary! Came home worked on my hip strength with resistance band side steps, clam shells and some one legged bridges. Then 30 minutes of yoga "Forward Folds" by Adrienne Reed. Gotta love PBS free power yoga classes daily. Thank goodness for my DVR.
 Thursday: Ran 8 miles today again in the evening. It was 90 degrees at 6:30 pm Dayuum. This cannot be healthy! I did it at goal marathon pace 12:32 Then "Hips" 30 minutes of Yoga. Nice stretching Yinnish class.
 Friday: Recovery day just Yoga 30 minutes "arms/upperbody" Damn I hate pushups. I am so weak! Went to bed at 8:45 pm
 Saturday: Woke up at 4:45 am out for run at 5:15am 17 miles completed. Aimed to keep it slow to avoid injury and heat stroke! Pace 13:20 and glad I kept it easy bc my legs feel pretty good. Took a 3 hour nap right after. Ate two luna bars on the run and 4 dates. I stopped at people's lawns to use their water hoses to refill my bottle and spray myself down. As promised here is my weekly slutty selfie lol and a pic from Bhakti Fest a the Labrynth with the beautiful moon

No comments:

Post a Comment